Markets Calendar 2017/2018Morning Markets (9.00am to 1.30pm)
Sunday 30 April 2017 Sunday 28 May 2017 Sunday 25 June 2017 Sunday 30th July 2017 Sunday 27th August 2017 Sunday 24th September 2017 Twilight Markets (5.30pm to 9.00pm) Saturday 28th October 2017 Saturday 25th November 2017 Saturday 16th December 2017* Saturday 24th February 2018 Saturday 24th March 2018* *(these dates are both a week early to avoid clashing with Christmas and Easter)
PICTURE THIS… PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Explore the markets with a smart phone or camera and share it to social media to win.
From the 30th of April to the 25th of June we are inviting market goers to share photos taken at the April, May and June morning markets to our Facebook and Instagram page. We hope that some amateur photographers will capture the spirit of the Old Perth Road Markets.
There will be three different categories you can enter your images in over the three months. These categories are
- ‘Market best friends’ (furry or human),
- ‘Best Market Food shot,’
- ‘Best Market Street Shot’. See below for full details on how to enter.
Prizes will be awarded after market days and at the end of the competition in July!
THANK YOU to our sponsors The Bassendean Hotel, Dave Kelly MLA, BambBino’s Cafe, Pharmacy 51 and O2 Cafe.
- Prizes donated by stallholders will be given out after each market for winners (chosen by the markets team) for photos of merit.
- Prizes of $100 value donated by local Bassendean businesses will be awarded at the end of the three months to the winners of each category. These will be announced at the July Market
- An overall winner and a people’s choice award will also be announced at the July market.
- The overall winner will be judged by a panel of judges chosen by the markets team.
- The people’s choice award will be judged online on our Facebook page where all the entered photos will be uploaded. The photo with the most likes will be the winner.
The markets are open on the last Sunday of every month, so that gives 3 opportunities to come down, explore and capture your day out.
What you need to know to enter…
- You must take your photo at the markets and upload on the same day to either our Facebook page facebook.com/OldPerthRoadMarkets with the hash tag #OPRMphoto or share publicly on Instagram with the hash tag #OPRMphoto
- Please state which category your photo fits in to.
- You may only post one photo per category per market. So you can post up to 3 photos each market.
- Photos will be judged at 5pm on market day. The winners of these merit awards will be notified on social media regarding their win and collection of their prize.
- Be as creative as you can with the description of your photo!
- You are allowed to edit the photo.
- All the entered photos will be put in to an album on Facebook for people to choose the people’s choice award at the end of the three months.
- Grand prizes of the overall category winners will be presented at the July market.
- No professional photographers please.
- Everyone can have a go. You don’t have to live in Bassendean.
The three categories are as follows:
Market Best friends… a photo of you and/or your friends at the markets whether it is two or four legged!
Best Market Food Shot… a photo of the food at the markets.
Best Market Street Shot… a photo of the overall markets strip.
How they will be judged: The pictures will be judged on how well they represent the category they are entered in to and by how well they capture the spirit of the Old Perth Road Markets.
The Photos will also be judged on artistic merit. The creativity of the title will also be taken into consideration.
Stay updated by visiting our facebook page!
If you have any questions please contact the people below:
Lucy Bromell and Connie Bromell
Old Perth Road Market Stall Holders
0466 388 451
Sharon Madden form Zeez Beez has been in the business of keeping bees and selling a range of bee related products since 2013.
Sharon originally started with one hive but as her fascination of bees grew, so did number of hives she acquired. She has had experience working with a bee breeder so is very interested in the genetics and breeding of her stock for her hives.
Sharon loves her job and is passionate about helping the survival rates of bees and keeping the bee population healthy.
Under the Zeez Beez label she sells a range of honey, honeycomb and bees wax products. Sharon also sells bee hives and related bee keeping products.
She is very proud of the Zeez Beez products because she knows the quality is there.
Not only does Sharon work hard at producing great products from her bees she is also passionate about sharing her knowledge with others so that they can appreciate these amazing little creatures.
Sharon also holds classes on bee keeping.
For more information about any of this, come down and see Sharon at the Old Perth Road Markets at Zeez Beez.
Some artists find engaging directly with the public terrifying! Not so for Denise and Hugh, Poms who have called Australia home for about 10 years. READ MORE
There’s no doubt about it – in professional hands the viola and the violin can charm the birds off the trees. So when our beautiful quartet took to the stage it was no surprise to see groups of people lost for words and stopped to listen to their magnificent pieces. We are planning to welcome them back again soon.
Fund Raising? What about a Sausage Sizzle?
Limited opportunities available, so get in quick.
Want to raise funds for your community group based in Bassendean? Contact the OPRM Team at email@example.com.
Groups must be based in Town of Bassendean and have their own equipment.
Casual Stallholder Insurance now available
As part of our ongoing effort to improve the markets experience for our stallholders, the Rotary Club of Swan Valley are able to offer insurance coverage READ MORE
Lost Property at the Markets
If you have lost or found anything at the markets visit the Rotary Club of Swan Valley stall, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.