- Stalls on the roadway are a standard 3x3m. A stall on the footpath and under the awnings is approximately 3m x 1.5m. Stalls on the roadway and on the footpaths attract the same fee.
- Stallholders must provide their own tables, chairs, cabanas, etc.
- Power is provided for the Twilight Markets (The twilight stall fee is inclusive of power). A limited number of powered sites are available at the morning markets (A power surcharge of $10 per stall is payable).
- Old Perth Road Markets may accept or reject any application at its sole discretion. Selection will be on the basis of locality, quality and diversity.
- Applications to sell goods that compete directly with local shops that may be opening on market day are discouraged.
- The market managers will allocate the site for all stalls.
Booking a stall
So, you’re interested in having a stall? Great! We have lots of happy stall holders and we like to look after you. We have been going for a many years and its becoming a regular place to go for people all around the region.
TO SET YOUR SELF UP FOLLOW THESE STEPS . . . .
- We like to make sure there is a good spread of interesting and quality products for sale at the markets. So before you apply contact our stallholder coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org and discuss what it is you want to sell and she’ll give you a heads up if there’s any problem with that. For example we don’t generally take stalls from franchise operations, we don’t have stalls selling second goods and then we also limit the number of stalls selling similar goods, for example candles or soaps etc.
- Then commence the Application Process here. There is a step by step guide here which will prompt you through to get started.
- When you submit your application the stall holder coordinator will contact you directly with you booking.
- The Application system lets you set up your profile. The profile is your personal storage space. In this you fill out your name, address and all your personal info. It ‘s also where you should upload pohotos of your products, and stories about you and your products. WE can then use this to promote you and promote the markets. This profile you should also upload your current insurance policy, food permit (if required), Temporary Power Usage Agreement (if required).
- An application can only be confirmed when payment has been received.
Stallholder booking assistance
If you are not confident in using the online application system please contact the stallholder coordinator here and they will assist you in setting up an application.
If you are intending to sell goods that are for human consumption then, you need to complete a Temporary Food Business Permit application. You must forward this directly to Health Services at Town of Bassendean.
Please note, the acceptance of your stallholder application is conditional upon your Temporary Food Business Permit being granted.
Download the Application for a Temporary Food Business Permit (2016/2017) here. (WORD Version allowing you to complete on line)
Download the Application for a Temporary Food Business Permit (2016/2017) here. (PDF Version)
- MORNING MARKETS
Single stall – $40.00 per month (unpowered)
At the Sunday morning markets a discount of $5 per month (approx 15%) applies for bookings of three or more consecutive months and fully paid.
- TWILIGHT MARKETS
Single stall – $50.00 per month (powered)
No discounts are available for the Twilight Markets.
- Multiple stalls are charged at a multiple of the single stall fee.
- Stall fees are payable with application and there is no refund.
- If an application is received without accompanying payment, the application is held but not processed until the payment is received. Stalls are allocated in the order in which they are received.
- In the event of a delayed payment the date of receipt of the payment is the date used for allocation purposes.
- In the event that a market day is cancelled, bookings and fees will be refunded.
- Three months advance notice will be given of any increase in stall fees. During that notice period, advance bookings may be made at the old rate for periods up to six months beyond that date the new fees will take effect.
- Food vendors must also pay an annual notification fee of $110 to the Town of Bassendean.
- Stalls on the roadway and stalls on the footpaths and under the awnings all attract the standard fee.
- There is no facility to pay for a stall on the day of the market.
Public liability insurance in mandatory ($10m public liability & $10m product liability, where applicable). We recommend that you take out insurance for a full year which costs around $200 depending on who you go to. Applications cannot be confirmed and finalised without insurance.
We are able to offer insurance on a month by month basis. This costs $15.00 per market.
We can offer Casual public liability insurance on a per market day basis. The number of stalls is limited and it is offered on a first come basis. It is available at a flat fee of $15 per stallholder per month. Please inquire when you make your booking.
Power is provided within the price of a twilight market but needs to be purchased separately for a day market.
The cost of power for a day market is $10.
If you will be using power at any stage during the markets it is very important that you read the power agreement and understand the requirements.
Please read the agreement below.
Download Power users agreement – TEMPORARY POWER USER AGREEMENT
Set Up for a market
- The Old Perth Road will be closed to traffic from 7am on the Sunday Market Day and 3.00pm on the Saturday Market Day. Stall holders must not set up before the road is closed.
- In order that all stallholders may set up in good time only park alongside your stall in order to offload your stall/stock. Vehicles are then to be removed from the market area.
- Stalls are required to be set up 15 minutes before the markets are due to start trading and vehicles should be removed from the area 30 minutes before the markets open to the public.
- Stalls not occupied by opening time may be re-allocated
- Exclusive parking for stallholders is provided at the end of James Street on the reserve. All other parking areas including the area adjacent to the Bassendean Hotel are reserved for customers and visitors to the market.
Health, Safety and the Environment
- Stallholders are responsible for the safety of the public within allocated stall area and for the safety of products sold.
- Stallholders must ensure that all shelters, cabanas, umbrellas, tables, display boards etc. are adequately secured and comply with all safety regulations as requested by the Old Perth Road Market managers. Soft objects (sandbags or plastic water containers) must be used as hold-downs.
- Keep walkways clear and report any hazards to the Rotary Duty Officer at the information stall.
- Stallholders must complete an “Incident Report Form” (available from the Rotary Duty Officer) for any and every accident or incident involving third parties.
- No amplifiers or public address systems are permitted
- Smoking by stallholders is discouraged.
Closing and Clean up
- Stallholders are required to remain open until designated closing time.
- To allow the road to be re-opened in accordance with the terms of our licence areas must be vacated within an hour of the markets close.
- Stall holders are asked to help keep the area clean and tidy. Please remove all large boxes and packaging materials off the site and do not discharge grey water into the drains along the street.
- Bins are provided for customer rubbish.